The Cost of Attendance includes tuition, student fees, expenses for housing, health insurance, and various other personal items. Cost of Attendance is composed of two types of expenses: Direct and Indirect.
Direct costs are considered billable items, such as tuition, student fees, health insurance through WCM, and on-campus housing. Fees are determined based on program-specific needs.
Indirect costs are costs that may be incurred by the student, such as the following:
- Books & Equipment
- Food & Personal (miscellaneous)
- Subject Examinations
Miscellaneous items include personal expenses for clothing, laundry, toiletries, recreational, and other expenses not limited to the listed items.
Upon request, the Office of Financial Aid can adjust a student's budget/costs under certain circumstances with appropriate documentation. Examples of changes to standard budgets include, but are not limited to:
- Child care -- the cost of child care for students with dependent children
- Medical expenses that are not covered by insurance
- Residency Expenses
- One-time computer purchase within their program term (not to exceed $2,000)
2017-2018 Cost of Attendance
|Class of 2021||Class of 2020||Class of 2019||Class of 2018|
|10 months||10 months||12 months||11 months|
|Health Insurance (4)||5,000||5,000||5,000||5,000|
|E-Learning, Books & Materials||600||700||600||-|
|Educational Facility Fee||560||560||560||560|
|(1) Student Health Service, Disability Insurance, class dues, University fee
(2) Rent avg. is for Olin Hall (1st yr) and average for Lasdon House (2nd-4th yrs)
(3) Personal includes: Clothing, laundry, cleaning, telephone, recreation, transportation and other miscellaneous expenses
(4) Optional - May be waived with proof of comparable coverage from family
(5) USMLE Step 1 Exam (Yr 2); USMLE Step 2 Exam Fees (Yr 3)