Veteran's Education Benefits
Veterans Education Benefits (e.g. Post 9/11 GI Bill®, Montgomery GI Bill®, NYS VA Tuition Assistance) are available to eligible full or part-time Weill Cornell students who are active duty or reserve military personnel, veterans, or in some cases, the child or spouse of a veteran.
- To learn more about the Veterans Education Benefit programs, visit this website.
- Verify any remaining eligibility and/or benefit available from the VA. You will need to obtain a certification of eligibility letter directly from the VA using the website above.
- Once you receive your certification of eligibility letter, please email the Office of Financial Aid (email@example.com) to self-identify yourself as a Veteran student interested in using your education benefits. Please attach your certification of eligibility letter to your email.
- Once this infomraiton is received by our office, it will be reviewed. If additional information is needed, our team will be in touch with you.
- Once finalized, your enrollment will be verified for VA Education Benefits.
- A Financial Aid Award Letter will be sent to you confirming the antipacted benefit allotment* for the academic year. Payment is expected from the VA in 2-6 weeks.
*Please undertstand that if your VA allotment changes at any point in the academic year, you will be responsible for finalizing payment for any outstanding balance. The office of student accounting will help you understand the options avaialble to you if necessary. Please ensure you inform both financial aid and student accounting if you are notified of an award change by the VA.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Weill Cornell Medicine is proud to be a participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program. The Yellow Ribbon Program is a supplemental program to the Post-9/11 GI Bill®. Under this program, an eligible veteran student can receive up to 50% of uncovered tuition costs paid for by the VA with matching funds from Medical College resources. Yellow Ribbon is offered on a first-come basis.
If you have general questions concerning VA Education Benefits, please visit their website. You can also our office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions or concerns.
"GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.”