Veteran's Education Benefits
Veterans Education Benefits (e.g. Post 9/11 GI Bill®, Montgomery GI Bill®, NYS VA Tuition Assistance) are available to eligible full or part-time Weill Cornell students who are active duty or reserve military personnel, veterans, or in some cases, the child or spouse of a veteran.
- To learn more about the Veterans Education Benefit programs, visit this website.
- Email the Office of Financial Aid (email@example.com) to self-identify yourself as a Veteran student interested in using your education benefits.
- When you receive your certification of eligibility letter, please forward it to Becky Hertig, VA Certifying Official at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Upon review of your request, your enrollment will be verified for VA Education Benefits.
- A Financial Aid Award Letter will be sent to you confirming the antipacted benefit allotment for the academic year. Payment is expected from the VA in 2-6 weeks.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Weill Cornell Medicine is proud to be a participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program. The Yellow Ribbon Program is a supplemental program to the Post-9/11 GI Bill®. Under this program, an eligible veteran student can receive up to 50% of uncovered tuition costs paid for by the VA with matching funds from Medical College resources. Yellow Ribbon is offered on a first-come basis.
If you have general questions concerning VA Education Benefits, please visit their website. You can also email Becky Hertig, VA Certifying Official, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions or concerns.