How do I determine if I have any debts with WCGS through the student accounting office?
You can see your student account details at any time by accessing your student account through Learn:
- Login to LEARN
- Navigate to the Financial Aid & Billing Tab
- Click on View Student Account
- A new window will open to present your student account details. Please ensure your pop-up blocker is disabled. On the left side of the dashboard, click on 'Transaction Details'.
I have health insurance coverage through WCM. When will my coverage end?
- The coverage will end on the last day of month in which your stipend is terminated.
Can I keep my WCM health insurance coverage until I get a job?
- You do have the option to purchase a three month ‘extension of coverage’ plan through WCM for you and your dependents. Depending on when you finish, the total cost of the coverage extension (not including dependents) may be $1,860. Please note that this does not include the dental or vision plans- these will end on the last day of the month in which you finish. Please see instructions to access the Coverage Extension below:
- Login to LEARN and navigate to the Financial Aid & Billing tab.
- Click on the orange Student Health Plan (SHP) button and login again once the new page pops up.
- Under the 2021-2022 Cornell University SHP > Plan Details > Other Forms, select the Coverage Extension.
- If the extension of coverage plan is too expensive, you have alternative options through Medicaid.
I paid for dental and/or vision coverage through the end of the semester, and I am terminating prior to the end.
- If you paid out of pocket for your coverage, the insurance charges will be prorated and you will be reimbursed for any credit left on your account. To guarantee that your refund is processed in a timely manner, we strongly recommend that you sign up for direct deposit to receive the credits directly to your bank account.