New York City doesn't just have the best schools, hospitals, and research centers – it has the best of everything. When you're not in class or studying, we encourage you to get out and explore the city. Please take the time to read the below guide to NYC's local resources and find information on nearby shopping, banking, grocery stores, transportation, and sightseeing.
Local ATMs and Banks
- Bank of America: 1330 1st Avenue at 72nd St. (646) 794-0409
- Bank of New York: 1110 3rd Avenue (212) 794-4201
- Chase Bank: 1324 York Avenue at 70th St. (212) 794-0061
- TD Bank: 1240 1st Avenue at 67th St. (212) 288-1167
- Citibank: 1330 First Avenue & 71st St. (646) 502-4684
- There is a Citibank ATM in the Basement of 1300 York Avenue in the cafeteria.
- Bagel & Co.: 1428 York Avenue (212) 717-0505
- Famous Famiglia Pizza: 1284 1st Avenue at 69th St. (212) 288-1616
- The Food Emporium: 1331 1st Avenue (212) 794-8866
- Gristedes: 1208 1st Avenue & 65th St. (212) 535-7644
- Le Gourmet: 1267 1st Avenue (212) 772-8811
- McDonald's: 1286 1st Avenue at 69th St. (212) 249-3551
- Starbucks: 1281 1st Avenue (212) 472-1312
- Chipotle: 1288 1st Avenue (646) 213-9431
- Bloomingdale's: 59th Street 1000 Third Avenue (212) 705-2000
- The Gap, H&M, Victoria’s Secret: 59th and Lexington Avenue Lord and Taylor 424 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10018 (212) 391-3344
- Macy’s Herald Square: 151 West 34th Street New York, NY 10001 (212) 695-4400
- SAKS Fifth Avenue: 611 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10022 (212) 753-4000
- The Shops at Columbus Circle (Century 21, Armani Exchange, Coach, Cole Haan, Sephora)
- Target (Harlem, now with Fresh Grocery): 517 East 117th Street New York, NY 10035 (212) 835-0860
Do you need to travel around town?
MTA website: http://www.mta.info
NJ Transit website: http://www.njtransit.com
Learn to take the bus, train, or any other mass transit all around New York with exact directions from HopStop.
Get your train and bus tickets or other thruway services on Amtrak.com to travel to over 500 destinations via 30-plus train routes in the United States and Canada.
Sight-Seeing in New York
The Brooklyn Bridge | Central Park | Governor's Island | New York Botanical Garden | Staten Island Ferry | Times Square | Top of the Rock
Art & Culture
Alice Austen House Museum on Staten Island | The Apollo Theatre in Harlem | Carnegie Hall in Manhattan | Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan | Gardens of Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine in Manhattan | Isamu Noguchi Garden Museum in Queens | The Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) in Manhattan | Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in Manhattan and MoMA PS1 in Queens | Empire State Building in Manhattan
Fraunces Tavern Museum in Manhattan | General Grant National Monument in Upper Manhattan | Hall of Fam for Great Americans in the Bronx | Historic Richmond Town on Staten Island | National September 11th Memorial & Museum at the World Trade Center in Manhattan | South Street Seaport in Manhattan | Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island in Manhattan
Broadway Shows | The Bronx Zoo in the Bronx | New York Aquarium and Coney Island in Brooklyn | Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in Times Square | Central Park Zoo in Manhattan | Dave & Buster's in Times Square
Information provided by iloveny.com.