If your financial aid and payments exceed your term charges, you are entitled to a refund of the credit balance. The Student Accounting Office provides you with two free refund delivery options:
- Direct deposit to your checking or savings account
- Paper check
This option provides the quickest method for delivery of your funds. Students should have bank routing and account numbers ready when enrolling in this refund option.
For further information please visit instructions_-_how_to_manage_refund_preference_and_direct_deposit.pdf
Paper checks are the default method of refund delivery for students who do not actively select the direct deposit option. Please note that paper checks will be mailed to the address on file with the College.
To sign-up for direct deposit of your student refund to your bank account, login to your LEARN account and follow these steps below:
- Log into your LEARN https://learn.weill.cornell.edu/ics portal.
- Once on the Home tab, you will see a tab for Financial Aid & Billing. Select this tab.
- Then you should see a button which says "Make Payment".
- You will now be in the Nelnet Payment Gateway. If this is your first time, you will need to create your account.
- Once your account is created, you should be able to now see the details.
- Once here, on the right top hand corner, please click on “Manage my Refunds”. This will allow you to enter your banking information for direct deposit (ACH) of your refunds. Once we process the refund for you, you will always receive an automated email from Nelnet asking you to update your preference for refund methods and that a refund will be processed for you 24 hours after that first notice. ACH refunds takes up to 2 business days to have your refund reach your bank account. If you take NO ACTION, the default refund method will be a paper check mailed to your local address on file. Additionally, paper checks may take up to 7-10 business days to reach your address. If you previously elected for the ACH refunds, you do NOT need to set this up again.